Covid 19 Service Status
We are continuing to carry out all of our core services as a social landlord. This includes repairs to homes, gas and electrical safety inspections and cleaning in communal areas.
Support Services continue to be provided including regular meetings between clients and support workers to achieve all support plan objectives.
Because we need to maintain social distancing, meetings at our offices are by appointment only and we no longer have an appropriate waiting area. This means that visitors who arrive early may be asked to return at the scheduled time.
Impact on Services
Covid19 is creating higher levels of absence or the need for staff and contractors to isolate or work from home. At times this will impact on how quickly we respond to non-urgent issues and may result in appointments being rescheduled or changed to a telephone meeting.
The global pandemic and the war in Ukraine have created unprecedented problems with the availability of some materials which may delay completion of repairs. Some of the products impacted include roof tiles, windows, heaters and replacement electronic components.
There is a shortage in suitable labour for some roles which can cause delays in filling vacant positions for Self Help HA and its contractors.
Covid 19 - Meeting our Staff and Contractors
You should expect:
- Regular sanitisation and cleaning throughout our offices
- Sanitisation dispensers that are readily accessible for all visitors
- Practice of good hand hygiene before and after every meeting
- Natural ventilation or outdoor meetings when ever practical
- Use of a mask (discretionary)
- Social distancing
- Staff and contractors will isolate and get tested if they display symptoms of Covid-19 and only return to work after negative tests on two consecutive days
We should expect:
- That you let us know if you or someone in your household is isolating or has tested positive for Covid-19
- That you sanitise your hands on arrival at our offices
- Doors and windows are left open where possible to ventilate the rooms
- Accommodate any request to meet outdoors whenever practical
- Maintain social distancing
- Whilst we don’t insist, we would be grateful if you would wear a mask while the contractor or employee is in your home
This information may change in line with seasonal factors, emerging variants of concern and advice from relevant government departments.